Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Greyed out (skip) FCP section in Install Disc

I've read the comments from way back dealing with FCP 6 failing to install and my problem is similar. As the Install disc failed due to the FCP part being greyed out I used the uninstall prog to get rid of everything FCP in my drive and tried again to install but still get the install page with FCP greyed out.

I'm using a MacPro 1.1 from 2006 and on a separate drive which I've taken out for the time being whilst I get rid of all FCP stuff. Can anyone help with this? The

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 4:36 AM

Okay, I got round this question by being quite drastic. I backed up the drive I was going to use then erased the contents. I then installed OS 10.6.5 up dating to 10.6.8 as soon as possible, then commenced the install for FCP 7. I read from it that .I needed to install Rosetta - a very necessary part to enable FCP 7 to be installed, so I agreed that. From then on the install went smoothly.

I have all four drives in my Macpro 1.1 so did the same with another one of them but installed FCP6 that time. Once again I was successful so anybody interested - like me, be happy!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2020 4:36 AM in response to Olespice

Okay, I got round this question by being quite drastic. I backed up the drive I was going to use then erased the contents. I then installed OS 10.6.5 up dating to 10.6.8 as soon as possible, then commenced the install for FCP 7. I read from it that .I needed to install Rosetta - a very necessary part to enable FCP 7 to be installed, so I agreed that. From then on the install went smoothly.

I have all four drives in my Macpro 1.1 so did the same with another one of them but installed FCP6 that time. Once again I was successful so anybody interested - like me, be happy!

Greyed out (skip) FCP section in Install Disc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.