Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync my iPhone with my iPad?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 2:36 PM

I don't believe that you CAN 'sync' between an iPad and an iPhone.

Both are designed to sync (and back-up) to a computer, either a desktop (i.e. Mac Mini or iMac) or a laptop.

There are also a lot of elements on each iOS device that you can sync to Apple's online iCloud service, such as Email accounts, Contacts, Notes… see Settings/iCloud.

And if you have both the iPad and iPhone configured to sync to the same iCloud account, then they will always stay 'in sync' with each other. Changes to you Calendar made not your iPad, for example, will automatically show up in the Calendar on your iPhone (as well as online on the iCloud web site.)

I hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2020 2:36 PM in response to 2wdc

I don't believe that you CAN 'sync' between an iPad and an iPhone.

Both are designed to sync (and back-up) to a computer, either a desktop (i.e. Mac Mini or iMac) or a laptop.

There are also a lot of elements on each iOS device that you can sync to Apple's online iCloud service, such as Email accounts, Contacts, Notes… see Settings/iCloud.

And if you have both the iPad and iPhone configured to sync to the same iCloud account, then they will always stay 'in sync' with each other. Changes to you Calendar made not your iPad, for example, will automatically show up in the Calendar on your iPhone (as well as online on the iCloud web site.)

I hope this helps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.