Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

concerning rattling in my home button after dropping my phone

how do i fix a rattling home button after dropping my iphone 8plus

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 6:58 PM

Hi Homie,

The iPhone 8 Plus does not actually have a home "Button" that you depress and has a downward movement. What it has is a sensor that senses your finger on it and slightly applied pressure. This turns on the haptic engine and vibration that gives you a positive feeling of a button being activated. Try that with the iPhone 8 Plus completely shut off and you will see that it is just solid space.

Having said all that, I believe that the vibration mechanism below the home "Button" got affected when you dropped the iPhone. I recommend that you have your iPhone examined at an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized repair center because the issue appears to be mechanical. Thanks.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2020 6:58 PM in response to homies66

Hi Homie,

The iPhone 8 Plus does not actually have a home "Button" that you depress and has a downward movement. What it has is a sensor that senses your finger on it and slightly applied pressure. This turns on the haptic engine and vibration that gives you a positive feeling of a button being activated. Try that with the iPhone 8 Plus completely shut off and you will see that it is just solid space.

Having said all that, I believe that the vibration mechanism below the home "Button" got affected when you dropped the iPhone. I recommend that you have your iPhone examined at an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized repair center because the issue appears to be mechanical. Thanks.

Axel F.

concerning rattling in my home button after dropping my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.