Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't remove podcasts from the list in itunes

I've tried everything to delete podcast titles from my library, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that. All the usual commands don't work, neither does deleting the original folders.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 8:08 AM

Deleting Podcasts does appear to be a hit-and-miss affair, as I've experienced just this past weekend.

Try deleting the episodes first. Once all the episodes are deleted, select the Podcast's header and use the delete key on your keyboard. That should finally remove the Podcast (title) from your iTunes Library.

You will probably have to find and delete the folder for that Podcast as a separate job.

I frequently found that using right-click/delete did not actually delete the header. On other ocassions (such as just now) I've had a pop-up asking me if I wish to delete all 1000 episodes in the Podcast. Not a reassuring message when I have no episodes downloaded and only about ten episodes listed with the cloud icon (suggesting that they are in the feed and waiting for me to download them).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2020 8:08 AM in response to kamm19

Deleting Podcasts does appear to be a hit-and-miss affair, as I've experienced just this past weekend.

Try deleting the episodes first. Once all the episodes are deleted, select the Podcast's header and use the delete key on your keyboard. That should finally remove the Podcast (title) from your iTunes Library.

You will probably have to find and delete the folder for that Podcast as a separate job.

I frequently found that using right-click/delete did not actually delete the header. On other ocassions (such as just now) I've had a pop-up asking me if I wish to delete all 1000 episodes in the Podcast. Not a reassuring message when I have no episodes downloaded and only about ten episodes listed with the cloud icon (suggesting that they are in the feed and waiting for me to download them).

Can't remove podcasts from the list in itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.