Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone tried signing in using my ID.

I'm trying to find out what to do if I get a notification from Apple that someone is signing in using my ID. The notification I got said the person was using an Apple watch. I tried to temporarily deactivate my account and followed each pages instructions

Apple Watch

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 2:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 3:49 AM

First of all, are you sure, that this message was legit?

Could be scam and the page you are referred to in the message is a fraud.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Also, here's a link to the Apple Watch Online User Guide:

Apple Watch User Guide - Apple Support

3 replies

Feb 11, 2020 3:17 AM in response to CA Rick

Thank you for responding. I've had the watch for quite a while, but I really don't think I'd even know how to log into something, and I don't think I ever did. The notification said someone was logging in on an Apple watch and using my Apple ID. My watch (which I don't know how to use – can anyone recommend a book?) was sitting in my charger right next to me. I should confess that I'm 75 (the new 74) and a stroke took some of my brain cells – enough that it's noticeable.)

Should I worry about notifications like that?

Thank you to all who respond to idiots like me especially thanks to Ingo2711.

Be Well Everyone

Someone tried signing in using my ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.