Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backups

Do I need to set up additional backups on my iphone 11 if I'm backed up by the cloud?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 11:25 AM

Hi Molly,

I am assuming that you are asking whether you to setup additional backups if you are already using iCloud for backups. In my opinion, if you can, then it is always a good idea to have a backup on your computer as well. iCloud backs up your iPhone every 24 hours or so and that is great. As a secondary measure, a computer backup perhaps every 2 weeks is a good idea in case you need to recover from an older than 24 hour backup.

Here is how to backup your iPhone 11 on a computer-->>How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Hope this helps.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2020 11:25 AM in response to molly429

Hi Molly,

I am assuming that you are asking whether you to setup additional backups if you are already using iCloud for backups. In my opinion, if you can, then it is always a good idea to have a backup on your computer as well. iCloud backs up your iPhone every 24 hours or so and that is great. As a secondary measure, a computer backup perhaps every 2 weeks is a good idea in case you need to recover from an older than 24 hour backup.

Here is how to backup your iPhone 11 on a computer-->>How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Hope this helps.

Axel F.

Backups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.