Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Print Shop by mackiev

I have/had Print Shop 3 but my MacBook Pro is now upgraded to Catalina. I have tried to get Print Shop 4, but only see it for schools and educational settings. I need a personal version. Where can I buy The Print Shop 4 (for Mac), so that I can then download the new Catalina upgrade??? Appreciate any help available.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 5:17 PM

Unfortunately, MacKiev has not created a version of PrintShop for Catalina (version 4 is not compatible with Catalina). Last report I saw was that they were working on a Catalina compatible version, but no time frame was given.

5 replies

Apr 19, 2020 4:22 PM in response to VikingOSX

So far I couldn't get any reply from Kiev after trying onece a month or so for the past year. I suggest to backup all your Printshop files, and don't upgrade to Catalina yet if you desire, or maybe store them all offline and wait and see if they upgrade to 64 bit. I have several thousand text labels that I use so I found that I could save (export) them as a PDF. Took a while. Not sure about the pix and grafix but you may want to see what options in the Printshop menu there are in saving or exporting files, some may be changeable to other formats. I am seriously thinking about getting a really cheaper used IMAC (or maybe my older one that needs fixing) upgraded to Snow Leopard and install Print shop and all the files that use that app and use it off line, connected to my printer just to print all the valuable files in that format. Someone might come up with a conversion, or new software to alleviate the problem and you'll a good backup, and if you decide upgrade to a higher OS, at least you'll be able to still print the older files using the separate desktop. I don't know how many of you may remember but a lot of us folks went thru the same thing when long time Appleworks (Clairisworks) abruptly was discontinued a decade or so ago, and people lost thousands of text and graphics files. There was some conversion software but was limited. Kiev could charge a little more for the upgrade, if they read this, I'd be willing to pay to keep this excellent software alive.

Apr 21, 2020 1:48 PM in response to LongtimeMACusergeezer

I, too, have been waiting for a Print Shop for Mac update for Catalina, unable to communicate with either MacKiev or Broderbund. (I'd read a comment somewhere that said Broderbund was taking PSfM back from MacKiev.) Though I switched to Mac in 2003, I kept and used a Windows PC for years just to use PS, even after finally making the switch to PS for Mac in 2016. Just this past winter I finally exported hundreds of PS files as jpegs - I was using PS 23 which wasn't capable of exporting as PDF on Windows 7. I know lots of us have horror stories of trying to save creative work when being forced to upgrade. I've tried some other programs, still kick myself for not switching to Adobe years and years ago, but so be it, like so many of us, here I am. I need a new computer and Print Shop is a priority consideration, but after making a list of needs as well as pros and cons, I think the most workable option for me will be to search for a new program to take its place and move on. Hugely disappointing, though. I feel your pain. Don't know when I'll find a solution, but I will try to find this post again and let you know in case something new might work for you. Best . . .

The Print Shop by mackiev

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.