Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 screen randomly turning itself on

I have an iPhone 6, and recently the screen has begun to turn on (and off again). Sometimes it settles down, and other times it practically blinks! (on for 5 seconds, then off for 5 continually).

I have just completed a full update and restore, but this made no difference.

Has anyone had this issue recently, and is there a solution? It is so annoying, and also wastes my phone's battery life!

iPhone 6

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 9:31 PM

Tracey,

You have done well as far as the troubleshooting steps are concerned. You have restored your iPhone as well. The issue still persists. This leads me to think that it is a failing hardware issue. I recommend that you have your iPhone 6 examined at an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Repair Center and have them confirm the issue and the solution.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2020 9:31 PM in response to traceymt

Tracey,

You have done well as far as the troubleshooting steps are concerned. You have restored your iPhone as well. The issue still persists. This leads me to think that it is a failing hardware issue. I recommend that you have your iPhone 6 examined at an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Repair Center and have them confirm the issue and the solution.

Axel F.

iPhone 6 screen randomly turning itself on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.