You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i stop getting apple ID verification codes

so every 30-60 mins i get a text message saying “your apple ID verification code is .....”

how do i stop receiving these text message!!

someone please help asap

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 1:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 1:24 AM

The message containing the Apple ID verification code is designed solely as a security measure to keep out unauthorized users from your Apple ID. From what I am seeing it appears that some, or something, is entering your Apple ID and Password ( The correct Apple ID and Password for your Apple account mind you). Once the ID & Password are entered and verified to be correct by Apple’s servers, an automated message is sent to one of your other active IOS devices providing you with this code that you would need to enter on the device that you are attempting to sign into over and over again.

I highly recommend that change your Apple ID password immediately. Secondly, I would access Apple’s webpage and review what websites, applications, and devices have been given authorization to access your Apple account in one form or another. Remove any items you no longer use, you do not recognize, or you are just plain unsure about as it’s very easy to sign back into these services and devices when you have the devices and the credentials in front of you and are not performing fraudulent activity.

As a side note....my previous neighbor used to digitally stalk his ex-wife who he divorced almost 3 years prior to meeting me. He had an unused iPhone and still remembered her Apple ID & Password and attempted to setup this unused iPhone using her credentials. The ONLY thing stopping him was this exact security feature you display in your screenshots. Additionally, she was alerted to the fact that someone was attempting to hack her account and ultimately was able to trace it back to him in order to press charges. Now, if you are receiving these messages on a regular, timed basis non-stop all day 24 hours per day then I would almost guarantee it is some automated app or service/website that is stuck in a loop trying to sign into your Apple account such as an email program attempting to sync your iCloud email.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 12, 2020 1:24 AM in response to bindii-leigh

The message containing the Apple ID verification code is designed solely as a security measure to keep out unauthorized users from your Apple ID. From what I am seeing it appears that some, or something, is entering your Apple ID and Password ( The correct Apple ID and Password for your Apple account mind you). Once the ID & Password are entered and verified to be correct by Apple’s servers, an automated message is sent to one of your other active IOS devices providing you with this code that you would need to enter on the device that you are attempting to sign into over and over again.

I highly recommend that change your Apple ID password immediately. Secondly, I would access Apple’s webpage and review what websites, applications, and devices have been given authorization to access your Apple account in one form or another. Remove any items you no longer use, you do not recognize, or you are just plain unsure about as it’s very easy to sign back into these services and devices when you have the devices and the credentials in front of you and are not performing fraudulent activity.

As a side note....my previous neighbor used to digitally stalk his ex-wife who he divorced almost 3 years prior to meeting me. He had an unused iPhone and still remembered her Apple ID & Password and attempted to setup this unused iPhone using her credentials. The ONLY thing stopping him was this exact security feature you display in your screenshots. Additionally, she was alerted to the fact that someone was attempting to hack her account and ultimately was able to trace it back to him in order to press charges. Now, if you are receiving these messages on a regular, timed basis non-stop all day 24 hours per day then I would almost guarantee it is some automated app or service/website that is stuck in a loop trying to sign into your Apple account such as an email program attempting to sync your iCloud email.

Feb 12, 2020 2:51 AM in response to bindii-leigh

The message may be the result two-factor authentication. You can't turn this security feature off except under unusual circumstances. Please see "Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?" in this read: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915

Did you do anything to trigger two-factor authentication? If not, I think the message is a scam. Please see: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

Feb 12, 2020 3:28 AM in response to bindii-leigh

You should only be receiving an AppleID 2 factor authentication code by text message if you’ve indicated you didn’t get an expected code and requested it be sent to your backup SMS text capable telephone number.

By default, all AppleID 2 factor authentication codes are sent by encrypted iCloud push notifications, which look nothing like an SMS text and have nothing to do with the message app.

I suspect those are scams - the number is underlined. Is it a link to a URL?

Or previously did you try to login to your AppleID and not receive a push notification and request a code to your backup number (since I have never had need to request a code to my backup iPhone cell number as text, I have not seen a 2FA in SMS text format)?

how do i stop getting apple ID verification codes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.