Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete chat people in top bubbles, 6s iohone

Is there a way to delete select upper bubble people on chat page?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 8:18 AM

7 replies

Feb 12, 2020 8:41 AM in response to meatcheese1

Hi MeatCheese,

"Upper Bubble People", I love the sound of that however I don't know what exactly you mean by that. Do you mean how to delete select messages from a thread OR do you mean how to delete an entire thread of a given message? I will provide information on both of the above assumptions and then you can pick and choose which one applies to your issue.

If you want to delete selected messages from a thread in the Messages app then open the chat thread and find the message that you wish to delete. Place your finger on that message and hold for a second and it will open a sub menu like this-

Then tap on MORE and it will give you options to select messages like this -

Once you select the message that you want to delete then tap on the TRASH CAN icon (Below Left) and that will deleted the selected messages in that thread.

If you want to Delete an entire thread (the whole message thread with a person) then open the Messages app and touch the name of the person/contact that you want to delete and then SWIPE left to reveal the DELETE OPTION (See Below)

Then tap on Delete and that will delete the conversation with that person entirely.

Hope this helps.

Axel F.

How can I delete chat people in top bubbles, 6s iohone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.