Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cost of screen of iphone 7

My iphone 7 screen is cracked

what is the cost to repair it

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 8:58 AM

You can find pricing here: iPhone service pricing

5 replies

Feb 12, 2020 8:42 AM in response to sumit245

This is a user forum. We’re not Apple. This is a hardware problem. Ascertaining the details of the damage are going to involve a physical evaluation of the damage. Make an appointment with Apple Support (link in the upper right corner) or your preferred hardware repair provider, and they’ll have a look and give you an estimate and options.

Pragmatically, an iPhone 7 is pretty old, so you’re probably going to be considering a replacement here, too.

Feb 12, 2020 9:21 AM in response to KiltedTim

y_p_w wrote:

MrHoffman wrote:
Pragmatically, an iPhone 7 is pretty old, so you’re probably going to be considering a replacement here, too.

Mine is aging exceptionally well after three years. I frankly don't want a new phone as long as my 7 is working well.

Old to repair.

A cracked screen is not inconsequential damage to repair.

If your iPhone 7 has negligible or no damage and works fine for your needs, good on you.

That’s not the case, here.

Repairing a ~three year old iPhone is certainly possible.

But you’ll end up spending that on what is a ~three year old iPhone.

Feb 12, 2020 10:11 AM in response to MrHoffman

MrHoffman wrote:

y_p_w wrote:

MrHoffman wrote:

Mine is aging exceptionally well after three years. I frankly don't want a new phone as long as my 7 is working well.
Old to repair.
A cracked screen is not inconsequential damage to repair.
If your iPhone 7 has negligible or no damage and works fine for your needs, good on you.
That’s not the case, here.
Repairing a ~three year old iPhone is certainly possible.
But you’ll end up spending that on what is a ~three year old iPhone.

If I needed to replace the touchscreen assembly, that would be $149 plus tax. If that's the extent of the repair, I would consider it. However, more extensive repairs are pretty much only done as a complete service replacement. At $319 I might even consider it, although at that point a new iPhone 8 might be a better option.

Cost of screen of iphone 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.