Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot log in to macbook pro

Ive tried to reset my password with Apple ID but it keeps saying cannot verify internet connection. I tried rebooting holding down command anand R and have selected terminal and typed in resetpassword. When i do this the screen that comes up wont allow me type in a password. I cannot select the volume containing the use account as there it is blank and then cannot type in a password.

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.10

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 6:16 PM

Here is an Apple article on how to reset a user account password:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202860

3 replies

Feb 12, 2020 9:06 PM in response to Lellytots90

Did you try the other options in the linked article?

It is possible the file system is damaged or the physical drive is defective. Launch Disk Utility and run First Aid on the drive. You may need to click on "View" within Disk Utility and select "Show All Devices" so that the physical drive appears in the left pane of Disk Utility. Run First Aid on the physical drive, the Core Storage volumes. If First Aid fixes anything, then try using Disk Utility to mount the drive.

Cannot log in to macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.