Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'This phone number was associated with the Apple ID “xxxx@xxxx.co.uk” on “Colin’s iPhone”.'

Just got this. I've had the same phone number since mobiles were invented, ditto Macs and iPhones, and today I got the above.

Any idea why? Should I accept? Will it fix the problem of my Mac/iPad sometimes not being able to send from iMessage, or not getting incoming messages [voice calls no issues]?

Logging in to write this message Apple decided, for the umteenth time that I was logging in from a new device, so once again I entered the one-time code and cliched the check-box to trust this device ...

Any ideas about any of this?

Cheers, Colin

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 1:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 4:53 AM

You can change that in the settings for iMessage on the phone, if you disable the mail address for your Mac in "Send&Receive" on your phone. Or in the settings for message forwarding:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

The Continuity settings might also have to be checked:

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2020 4:53 AM in response to Colin Cohen

You can change that in the settings for iMessage on the phone, if you disable the mail address for your Mac in "Send&Receive" on your phone. Or in the settings for message forwarding:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

The Continuity settings might also have to be checked:

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Feb 13, 2020 2:44 AM in response to Colin Cohen

If you set up a new device with your Apple ID, Apple will automatically associate the new device with all registered phone numbers and mail addresses. Especially for the use with iMessage and FaceTime. You will have to deselect the numbers or addresses you don't want to use on the new device manually in the settings for those apps under "send & receive".

'This phone number was associated with the Apple ID “xxxx@xxxx.co.uk” on “Colin’s iPhone”.'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.