Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unexpected track volume change

Unexpected volume changes on a single track (of 100 plus). They do NOT appear in automation window. I theorized that perhaps track was somehow linked to volume changes on another track. Definitely not the case either.

In one area, the volume slider (and volume, of course) climbs gradually, a few bars later quite abruptly. Fresh notations in automation window are ignored. Extremely annoying as you might imagine.

Any theory, idea, solution or workaround greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 3:56 PM

DaCaptain wrote:

Cool. Would you mind making my response as helpful or the solution? That'd be great!

Thanks,

DaCaptain

I marked it (because it was indeed helpful), though it will not get you points (I think) and it is frowned upon to ask for points - it may even be against the community guidelines (I am too lazy to look that up). I know I (and any other answerer) get points (roughly) for every fourth or fifth solution I provide. It can be frustrating sometimes, but in the twelve years I have been almost daily on here I "should" have 40 to 50k points by now. Multiply anyones points by four or five to get a feel for what was actually deserved.

Sorry if this comes of preachy, but I felt I had to say it. You'll get your points anyway, you have solid knowledge and are thorough.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2020 3:56 PM in response to DaCaptain

DaCaptain wrote:

Cool. Would you mind making my response as helpful or the solution? That'd be great!

Thanks,

DaCaptain

I marked it (because it was indeed helpful), though it will not get you points (I think) and it is frowned upon to ask for points - it may even be against the community guidelines (I am too lazy to look that up). I know I (and any other answerer) get points (roughly) for every fourth or fifth solution I provide. It can be frustrating sometimes, but in the twelve years I have been almost daily on here I "should" have 40 to 50k points by now. Multiply anyones points by four or five to get a feel for what was actually deserved.

Sorry if this comes of preachy, but I felt I had to say it. You'll get your points anyway, you have solid knowledge and are thorough.

Feb 17, 2020 12:35 AM in response to Eriksimon

The point is, is not so much about the points. But I see it regularly, that people get help and you either don't hear back from them or the answers aren't marked as helpful. In the MainStage forum, it's much more often than here in Logic Pro land. You mentioned that already. Sorry, if I came across a bit pushy, I saw a bit later, that WD had the correct suggestion for your problem.

Regarding the points, I'm not sure, if this gamification doesn't lead the same artifacts as we see it on Instagram or Facebook, but that's a topic, that deserve an own thread.

Best,

DaCaptain

Feb 21, 2020 5:53 AM in response to Steffan Diedrichsen

Well, it is slightly random sometimes. I have crafted many answers with exact clues and screenshots with arrows and quite some research and handiwork that were very complete and helpful answers, and, indeed, never heard back from the OP or, better, got a heartfelt "thank you so much" but with no points. But I never started here for the points, and when I did go after them (once I "entered" the top ten many years ago), I just calculated that per three of four good answers you once may get five or ten points - then again, at other times when I just completed someone else's answer with a detail that I got the points where the actual answer didn't get any, and I did feel guilty-ish about those, but then I let it all go: giving answers, helping, is now the reward in itself as far as I'm concerned.

I know some of the top ten of the entire support community (people that have gotten hundreds of thousands of points by now) have a very organised system for answering and rake in hundreds of points daily. My initial goal was just to learn as much as I can about working with Logic Pro by figuring out and researching questions. Now it has become a part of my daily routine to do this, and I hope to soon be lecturing about Logic on music schools here in the Netherlands.

O, and what I love about thisd program is that it has two sides: learning about Logic itself but also learning about how to make music.

Very gracious reply btw, Steffan. Thank you. You make some valid points.

I also post equally regularly at David Nahmani's site, which has not such "rewards" system. There it is just about trying to be helpful, and learning, both in technical aspects as well as human aspects. I have learned to not "lash out" so much at what I felt were "lazy learners" or worse, "entitled" users, that "demand" answers. ("...or else I'll switch to Pro Tools, or Reaper, or Studio one, or Cubase" as they sometimes "threaten").

Unexpected track volume change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.