Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 1008F

Hi

After closing the lid on my Macbook Pro, when opening it again i got a black screen, with no options at all than a hard shut down from the power button.

When i turned it back on, my firmware code lock appeared, which i filled that then took me straight to internet recovery. When the the recovery was finished, an error appears that say Error 1008F.

I can't enter Disc Utility either because of my firmlock, neither can i reset my Nvme Ram because of the firmlock which i read somewhere online.

I've done a SMC reset so far, booting with CMD + R and some other bootings but they all take me from firmware code, to the internet recovery that then ends up giving me the 1008F error.

Can anyone help me, with the possible solutions for this problem?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 7:30 AM

The code is < -1008F>

Your Network is inadequate in some fashion to access the Internet Recovery servers.

"In Internet Recovery, these low negative thousands error messages indicate that your provided Wi-Fi Network is inadequate in some fashion, and cannot be used (for this purpose) in its current state.

Common problems include:

Hidden Network-name

required use of a proxy server to get Internet access

required use of a login page to get Internet access

Use of a login server or certificate to get Internet access

Use of PPPoE in the Mac to get Internet access (typically only applies to DSL)

Use of Fixed IP address rather than good old DHCP

Variance of the time by more than five minutes

Failure of Router to provide workable DNS server addresses, or providing 0.0.0.0 [may produce -2002f]

If you have an Ethernet port, you may in some cases be able to move your Mac close to the Router and connect to the Router using Ethernet.

The higher the number, the more obscure the problem.

Also, make certain the Date&Time and Time Zone are correct within 5 minutes."

ref: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250619131?answerId=251185875022#251185875022

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2020 7:30 AM in response to JK213

The code is < -1008F>

Your Network is inadequate in some fashion to access the Internet Recovery servers.

"In Internet Recovery, these low negative thousands error messages indicate that your provided Wi-Fi Network is inadequate in some fashion, and cannot be used (for this purpose) in its current state.

Common problems include:

Hidden Network-name

required use of a proxy server to get Internet access

required use of a login page to get Internet access

Use of a login server or certificate to get Internet access

Use of PPPoE in the Mac to get Internet access (typically only applies to DSL)

Use of Fixed IP address rather than good old DHCP

Variance of the time by more than five minutes

Failure of Router to provide workable DNS server addresses, or providing 0.0.0.0 [may produce -2002f]

If you have an Ethernet port, you may in some cases be able to move your Mac close to the Router and connect to the Router using Ethernet.

The higher the number, the more obscure the problem.

Also, make certain the Date&Time and Time Zone are correct within 5 minutes."

ref: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250619131?answerId=251185875022#251185875022

Error 1008F

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.