Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flashlight icon on home screen

How can I remove the flashlight icon from my home screen? I did not put it there and it annoyingly turns on all the time.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 11:53 AM

Do you mean on the Home screen? Or in the Control Center? If it's on your Home screen, it's an app you've installed.

See these instructions for removing an app:

Remove apps from iPhone - Apple Support

If you're talking about the Control Center, see here:

Use and customize Control Center on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2020 11:53 AM in response to gchdrake

Do you mean on the Home screen? Or in the Control Center? If it's on your Home screen, it's an app you've installed.

See these instructions for removing an app:

Remove apps from iPhone - Apple Support

If you're talking about the Control Center, see here:

Use and customize Control Center on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Feb 13, 2020 10:47 PM in response to gchdrake

gchdrake Said:

"Flashlight icon on home screen: How can I remove the flashlight icon from my home screen? I did not put it there and it annoyingly turns on all the time."

-------

Ridding of the Flashlight Icon:

The flashlight icon is built into the iOS lock screen. So, to rid of it...

Try This:

1. Rub: your finger up the screen.
  2. Tap: the Flashlight Icon (bottom-left corner of screen)
  3. Tap: the Home Button
  4. See if it is still there

Screenshot of Lock Screen Settings:

(Flashlight icon is on bottom-left)

Feb 14, 2020 9:39 AM in response to TheLittles

TheLittles wrote:

Demo Said:
You have to press and hold pretty firmly in order to turn the flashlight on.[...]
———-

Just tapping on it works for me.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding where this is camera issue is coming from.

Where else would the Flashlight be on the Lock Screen?:

That is the Control Center, not the Lock Screen. On newer phones (don't know exactly which ones), there is a flashlight icon on the lock screen.

Feb 14, 2020 7:54 AM in response to gchdrake

You have to press and hold pretty firmly in order to turn the flashlight on. Tapping on it from the lock screen does not enable it. If you are turning it on accidentally, try a lighter touch, or try grabbing your phone from the top or the right side. I don’t know how else to control it.

Flashlight icon on home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.