Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

time machine error Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=28 "No space left on device"

I got errors when I run time machine so that time machine always terminate without finishing it. The log is shown below. There are sevaral Errors. It seems that the errors around `2020-02-14 01:56` causes the problem. Does anybody know what causes the problem and how to fix it? Thanks.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 3:32 AM

1 reply

Feb 14, 2020 8:10 AM in response to pengyu.ut

Hello, pengyu.ut.

It certainly appears that Time Machine is complaining about the amount of drive space that it has to work with.

What is the capacity of the TM backup drive? How much space is reported as available?

What is the capacity of the startup drive that -I assume- you are trying to backup? And how much space is reported as available?

You can use Disk Utility to find this info.

It may be that you will need to manually free up some drive space on the laptop, or replace your TM backup drive with one of higher capacity.

How long have you been using that particular TM backup device?

time machine error Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=28 "No space left on device"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.