Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

web pages not loading on Safari or Firefox after installing

I’ve just installed Catalina on my MacBook Pro 15-inch 2018. Since installing the new OS I am unable to load web pages from the internet either with Firefox or Safari - if they load at all it takes literally minutes for a page like bbc.com to load. My internet connection seems to be fine as I’m not having any problems using my iPad to browse. Any suggestions on what has gone wrong or how to diagnose and fix the problem gratefully received.

MacBook

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 5:12 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 16, 2020 2:38 PM in response to rps10265

Hello rps10265,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand that some web pages load slowly in multiple browsers after updating to macOS Catalina, but other devices appear to be unaffected. You've taken some excellent steps so far, and I have a few more ideas that might help.

For this issue, I suggest taking the steps in the following support article to help analyze your Internet connection:

If your Mac doesn't connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi

I also suggest taking these additional steps when using Safari:

If Safari is slow, stops responding, quits unexpectedly, or has other issues

From there, try booting into safe mode and testing the issue in a new user account. Here's how:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

I hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

web pages not loading on Safari or Firefox after installing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.