Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is 32gb enough for a college student?

I’m planning to buy an ipad for school MAINLY TO WRITE NOTES (for FOUR years). I’m only using the ipad to save school stuffs like ms word, pdf, some photos (labs), and ms onenote . I’m not using my ipad to watch movies or listen to music. The ipad is mainly for school use — a notebook. So is 32gb enough or should I get the 128gb?

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 7:08 AM

I would always recommend buying the iPad with the larger capacity if you can afford it. If you take photos, take notes, create documents, etc, and in the event that you change your mind about listening to music or downloading movies, you will be glad that you chose a larger capacity device.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2020 7:08 AM in response to Nolatte

I would always recommend buying the iPad with the larger capacity if you can afford it. If you take photos, take notes, create documents, etc, and in the event that you change your mind about listening to music or downloading movies, you will be glad that you chose a larger capacity device.

Feb 15, 2020 11:15 AM in response to Nolatte

Actually 32 GB would be just fine depending on what you plan open doing with it because I know with my college most file storage is with cloud services and 32 GB holds more than most people realize. I would also recommend as well to that if your budget could afford it a good MacBook Air might be better for college student because a lot of programs require a computer operating system like macOS or Windows 10 for example. I have a iPad 6th gen 32 GB that I use for college as well because the iPad works really good with most online classes because most online classes have really good eText book that you can get from iOS App Store.

Is 32gb enough for a college student?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.