Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive in Files app

Why documents moved/saved in iCloud Drive through Files app is downloaded in my iPhone? How can i stop from downloading and let them in iCloud Drive?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 2:31 PM

7 replies

Feb 14, 2020 5:04 PM in response to AanAllan

But I can’t find any of the documents in Files app anywhere in my iCloud. I went to my iCloud.com but they’re not there. I even login to my iCloud acc from my laptop to check but same. That’s what confuses me right now.

I'm confused. You now say the files are not anywhere?

The design of iCloud is any files you place on your Mac in the iCloud Drive folder, should sync to the Files app on an iOS device.

Feb 14, 2020 7:59 PM in response to AanAllan

what I’m trying to say - I can’t find the documents in Files app in my iCloud.com account.

Perhaps the confusion is here.

There is no iCloud app called Files. Only iOS devices have the Files app. On the web, on Windows and on the Mac, it is called iCloud Drive.

If your files aren't visible on iCloud in the IcLoud Drive app, or in the Files app on your phone, I don't how to explain where they may be. Be sure you are using the same Apple ID for each.

Were they ever visible in one of these locations?

iCloud Drive in Files app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.