Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 3 no longer waking up with wrist motion

My series 3 Apple Watch stopped waking up with wrist motion. I tried turning wake up off and back on using the watch app on my phone. That didn’t work. I tried powering off and back on my watch and that didn’t work either. Any other ideas?

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 3:54 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Dmkenney,

I see that you're having an issue with your Apple Watch not waking when you raise you wrist. I wear my Apple Watch daily, so I understand your concern, and I'd be happy to help.

First, let's have you check to make sure that theater mode has not been enabled on your Apple Watch. This would prevent your Apple Watch from waking when you raise your wrist. Scroll to the section titled "Use theater mode on Apple Watch", in the article below to check on this setting.

Use Control Center on Apple Watch

If theater mode is not enabled, take a look at the article below that has some additional information that could help.

Turn on and wake Apple Watch

Let me know how this goes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2020 3:54 PM in response to Dmkenney

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Dmkenney,

I see that you're having an issue with your Apple Watch not waking when you raise you wrist. I wear my Apple Watch daily, so I understand your concern, and I'd be happy to help.

First, let's have you check to make sure that theater mode has not been enabled on your Apple Watch. This would prevent your Apple Watch from waking when you raise your wrist. Scroll to the section titled "Use theater mode on Apple Watch", in the article below to check on this setting.

Use Control Center on Apple Watch

If theater mode is not enabled, take a look at the article below that has some additional information that could help.

Turn on and wake Apple Watch

Let me know how this goes.

Apple Watch 3 no longer waking up with wrist motion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.