Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone 8 battery draining so fast?

So about 6 months ago I got a brand new iPhone 8 & at first my battery was great could last nearly the whole day without my phone dying but now I have to charge it 2-3 times per day & this has significantly changed after the new iPhone 11 has come out. My other friends with the iPhone 8 have been going through the same issue & I want to know any good tips because at this point I’m down to try anything.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Feb 16, 2020 4:11 PM in response to Ninalska

There are many possible reasons for this.

1) If your battery is old and heavily used

2) If you have many apps using your phone in the background

3) If you have wifi and bluetooth turned on

4) If you are using the latest version of iOS (generally, the os with the most features hogs the most battery)

5) If you keep your applications open when not using them

6) If you heavily use data instensive applications like netflix or hulu, or video games

7) If you keep your screen brightness all the way up

8) The list goes on forever. Please Consider these answers and narrow down your question to specific details like how old your phone is, how much use it's had, weather or not you close your apps, use bluetooth/wifi, etc. etc.

Feb 16, 2020 6:27 PM in response to Ninalska

I have same issue with iPhone 6s, mainly since upgrade to IOS13. Started with battery life at 95% now shows 91%. Technician said it was a known issue with 6s, I thought it might be the older A7 processor drawing more current using this IOS but I see from this post it is same with iPhone8 which has A11 CPU. If all apps are closed it will hold the charge with a steady decline but only have to read some e-mails or open Facebook and it drains in minutes.

Is this to do with total cycles rather than the % estimate?

The performance management has also kicked in after it shut down unexpectedly 2 days ago

Is the $29 battery replacement still good for this?

Why is my iPhone 8 battery draining so fast?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.