Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

alarm loud when setting but not when ringing

My iPhone 11 max is not ringing loud and can’t be adjusted, but when I set it it is very loud. What’s happening here?

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2020 5:12 PM

Not so hidden or new, but is a feature which came out with iPhone X, when FaceID was first introduced. To me, it's one of the better features of iPhone. You can turn it off if you like. But the virtue is that the phone reduces the sounds of incoming calls and alarms when your phone knows you are looking at it. In an office setting, it's a WONDERFUL thing. The logic being that you are aware of what's happening, so why does it need to be loud?

If you want to turn off Attention Aware, go to Settings > Accessibility > FaceID and Attention > Attention Aware Features

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2020 5:12 PM in response to anthony1174

Not so hidden or new, but is a feature which came out with iPhone X, when FaceID was first introduced. To me, it's one of the better features of iPhone. You can turn it off if you like. But the virtue is that the phone reduces the sounds of incoming calls and alarms when your phone knows you are looking at it. In an office setting, it's a WONDERFUL thing. The logic being that you are aware of what's happening, so why does it need to be loud?

If you want to turn off Attention Aware, go to Settings > Accessibility > FaceID and Attention > Attention Aware Features

alarm loud when setting but not when ringing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.