Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to retrieve I messages from I cloud

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 16, 2020 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2020 11:11 AM

If you are syncing Messages with iCloud, they are already in your device and they are no different than what you would see in iCloud.

If you included text messages in the iCloud backup, you have to restore the backup to see any text messages that you may have deleted from your device but are still in the backup. When you restore a backup, you overwrite the contents on of your device and fill it with the data in the backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2020 11:11 AM in response to twinflame4ever

If you are syncing Messages with iCloud, they are already in your device and they are no different than what you would see in iCloud.

If you included text messages in the iCloud backup, you have to restore the backup to see any text messages that you may have deleted from your device but are still in the backup. When you restore a backup, you overwrite the contents on of your device and fill it with the data in the backup.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.