Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone trade-in

Hello everyone!

I have recently been looking at the new iPhone 11 and have been interested in buying it. I currently have an iPhone 7 and I was wondering if my current phone has to be completely paid off before trading it in for a credit to a new one. I still have a couple months left until I pay off my iPhone 7, but I was wondering if it could be traded in now. Thanks!

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 1:50 PM

You should be able to pay off your existing iPhone in advance - without being required to wait those few months. It all depends on what you signed up for when you entered into a contract to finance the old iPhone.

Of course, you cannot trade in something you do not own. So you would have to pay for the old iPhone before you could trade it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2020 1:50 PM in response to Flowie4

You should be able to pay off your existing iPhone in advance - without being required to wait those few months. It all depends on what you signed up for when you entered into a contract to finance the old iPhone.

Of course, you cannot trade in something you do not own. So you would have to pay for the old iPhone before you could trade it.

iPhone trade-in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.