Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (A1278) automatically boots into recovery mode, but if you let go of CMD + R the laptop shuts off

Bought a second hand MacBook Pro, because I have never owned one before and wanted to see if I would like Mac OS, the Mac book was stated with a broken hard drive , I thought that this would be easy to fix , I have replaced it was an ssd , one , the laptop automatically boots into recovery mode, but if you let go of CMD + R the laptop shut offs ; or if you stop using it , it’s like it requires input , i tried to create a bootable using TransMac the MacBook displays an error message saying the “bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk”, I then tried to use the reinstall os option, I used my Apple ID but it displayed a message statement item temporality unavailable” after a few google searches i came across a post stating it is because my Apple ID Has never been linked to an Apple Mac , to solve this I tried a friends Apple ID who owns a MacBook , but the MacBook just displayed the same message, all this whilst trying to type fast so the MacBook doesn’t cut off for some reason !!, I have run out of ideas on how to stop , this from turning off and load Mac OS , for this installation process I have the original HD that contains to recovery drive plugged into a cradle and the new SSD plugged into the internal Sata drive , I have tried this the other way , I’m just completely run out of ideas on what to do , don’t really want to take it to Apple

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 2:04 PM

You can either take it into the Apple Retail Store with a Genius Bar Reservation and ask them to reinstall the Operating System, otherwise you can use https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372 to create a macOS Installer USB Drive using an existing Mac.

Similar questions

1 reply

MacBook Pro (A1278) automatically boots into recovery mode, but if you let go of CMD + R the laptop shuts off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.