Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem in pairing Apple watch series 3 with iphone 6 plus

My Iphone 6 is up to date (iOS version 12.4.5) and I keep getting the message to update my iphone when I try to pair the Apple Watch.

I saw that you need to update the apple watch software as well, but how can I do that since my watch is brand new and I have no access to update function without pairing it first?

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 5:10 PM

The current shipping Apple Watch Series 3 and 5 models require an iPhone 6s, SE, 7 or newer running iOS 13.  They will Not pair with the iPhone 6 or older.

Check with your retailer for their return policy. Apple has a 14-day return policy

https://www.apple.com/shop/help/returns_refund

5 replies

Feb 17, 2020 5:37 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

So you are telling me to watch footnotes on a website instead of going into a rental store and asking the vendors? That is really dumb. I asked a direct and objective question if the watch would work with my 6 plus and got a positive response.

But I will make sure to never trust apple vendors again, or the company itself. I will just buy another smartwatch. The worst thing is to wait until next weekend to have time to go to that store again.

Problem in pairing Apple watch series 3 with iphone 6 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.