Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Backups lost

I was told by an Apple tech to remove my devices from my apple account. I was dealing with an insurance claim and was having trouble turning off my "find my iphone." I did not know I was losing all of my icloud backups and that I would never be able to retrieve them again. Has this every happened to anyone? Is there a way to get them back? I do not have a Mac computer so nothing was backed up on a different device. To be honest-technology isn't my thing lol so this might sound stupid but just wanted to get other peoples opinions.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 8:52 PM

Any iCloud backups you created with the same Apple ID should be available if you sign in to a new iOS device.

Signing out of Find my Phone should not affect any iCloud data, including backups.This action should affect only the iOS device itself.

How are you determining your backup has been erased?

If you sign in using the same Apple ID on a new iOS device, it should then be visible at appleid.apple.com afterwards

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2020 8:52 PM in response to apples455

Any iCloud backups you created with the same Apple ID should be available if you sign in to a new iOS device.

Signing out of Find my Phone should not affect any iCloud data, including backups.This action should affect only the iOS device itself.

How are you determining your backup has been erased?

If you sign in using the same Apple ID on a new iOS device, it should then be visible at appleid.apple.com afterwards

iCloud Backups lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.