Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Claim warranty iphone 11

Can i claim iphone 11 warranty without receipt? I loss it

iPhone XS

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 4:30 PM

A non-sequitur answer but Apple will not need a receipt if it was purchased from an authorized reseller originally in the same country where it was purchased. But it still could not be out of the warranty period. Right?

9 replies

Feb 18, 2020 11:44 AM in response to helmie192

Depends on any number of factors. You probably don't need it if you see plenty of warranty time left checking this page:

Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

However, sometimes the warranty end date from that Apple page is different for whatever reason. Your receipt (of a sale from Apple or an authorized reseller) is considered the definitive date of purchase for warranty purposes.

Feb 18, 2020 3:12 PM in response to deggie

deggie wrote:
It would not be possible to be out of the warranty date range at this time.

Apple will still want to have some proof of purchase, whether it's a receipt or that it was registered with Apple by a reseller.

Besides that - the OP didn't mention whether or not there's a warranty claim right now or if this is hypothetical.

Feb 18, 2020 4:44 PM in response to deggie

deggie wrote:
A non-sequitur answer but Apple will not need a receipt if it was purchased from an authorized reseller originally in the same country where it was purchased. But it still could not be out of the warranty period. Right?

That would depend on whether or not the seller properly registered the sale. But if I can cover the bases in three sentences, what's the harm?

Feb 18, 2020 5:18 PM in response to deggie

I have no idea whether or not the OP is trying to submit a warranty claim now or is asking about what to do in case of a future claim. That's it, and my purpose was to clarify what happens as it gets closer to warranty expiration. In my experience the receipt's date of purchase and the Check Coverage date don't necessarily match. And if the seller failed to register the purchase then it's going to be hard to get warranty coverage even within the warranty period.

Claim warranty iphone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.