Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

broken iPhone screen

I have a broken iPhone screen. Will Apple repair the broken screen on the iphone or switch it out with another iPhone? Thanks.

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply
2 replies

Feb 18, 2020 3:35 PM in response to jino62

Where are you located?

At least around here if I went to an Apple Store or many Apple Authorized Service Providers, they would have the equipment needed to properly check a screen assembly replacement service. If they don't it's my understanding that many would just be an agent to perform a complete device swap with a service replacement device - for about the same cost as a screen replacement service. There have also been cases where a customer was offered a complete swap in lieu of a service, whether it's a battery or screen repair. More complex problems are usually done by Apple as a complete device replacement. They may end up repairing the device or just reuse the working parts, but only to make a new service replacement.

In the discussions here, some posters have indicated that in their countries their AASPs were essentially just agents for Apple to swap out their devices. I remember one guy said that in the Philippines he paid a reasonable price for a screen replacement service, but he was given a complete service replacement in lieu of servicing that phone and handing it back to him with a new screen assembly.

broken iPhone screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.