You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove network lock

How do I remove network lock on iphone 5

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 2:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 2:29 PM

I understand that you are talking about the carrier lock on your iPhone 5. Do you know which carrier the iPhone 5 is locked to? If you do then call that carrier and ask them for the procedure to get your iPhone unlocked. If you are not sure whether your iPhone 5 is locked then try installing another carrier's SIM card in it and see if you can make calls and use the data. Thanks.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 18, 2020 2:29 PM in response to MrSPG

I understand that you are talking about the carrier lock on your iPhone 5. Do you know which carrier the iPhone 5 is locked to? If you do then call that carrier and ask them for the procedure to get your iPhone unlocked. If you are not sure whether your iPhone 5 is locked then try installing another carrier's SIM card in it and see if you can make calls and use the data. Thanks.

Axel F.

Feb 18, 2020 7:04 PM in response to Axel Foley

We have already put a different sim in the phone, thats how we know its carrier locked, as we get a message telling us so. We also know its a virgin phone, so will be locked to that network, we were looking for a simple way to remove the network lock, as I am sure I have seen a similar option on the web.

Remove network lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.