Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove network lock

How do I remove network lock on iphone 5

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 2:29 PM

I understand that you are talking about the carrier lock on your iPhone 5. Do you know which carrier the iPhone 5 is locked to? If you do then call that carrier and ask them for the procedure to get your iPhone unlocked. If you are not sure whether your iPhone 5 is locked then try installing another carrier's SIM card in it and see if you can make calls and use the data. Thanks.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2020 2:29 PM in response to MrSPG

I understand that you are talking about the carrier lock on your iPhone 5. Do you know which carrier the iPhone 5 is locked to? If you do then call that carrier and ask them for the procedure to get your iPhone unlocked. If you are not sure whether your iPhone 5 is locked then try installing another carrier's SIM card in it and see if you can make calls and use the data. Thanks.

Axel F.

Feb 18, 2020 7:04 PM in response to Axel Foley

We have already put a different sim in the phone, thats how we know its carrier locked, as we get a message telling us so. We also know its a virgin phone, so will be locked to that network, we were looking for a simple way to remove the network lock, as I am sure I have seen a similar option on the web.

Remove network lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.