Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air

Hey guys,

I have an issue with New Mac update. This message pops up while installing Mac.

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 9:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 9:37 PM

It's not at all clear what "new Mac update" means.

Your screen shot shows OS X Lion as being involved. Lion, which was released in 2011, is much too old to handle anything "new".

If you're trying to install MacOS Catalina, which is the current major release, then any MacBook Air which runs OS X Lion is too old to accept it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2020 9:37 PM in response to marcomosofi

It's not at all clear what "new Mac update" means.

Your screen shot shows OS X Lion as being involved. Lion, which was released in 2011, is much too old to handle anything "new".

If you're trying to install MacOS Catalina, which is the current major release, then any MacBook Air which runs OS X Lion is too old to accept it.

Feb 18, 2020 10:02 PM in response to sberman

Sorry i meant by that, is to install an new Mac or upgrading Mac. I’d erased the HD Macintosh tried to reinstall or set up a new Mac. This Mac OS X Lion appears after turning on the Mac. How can i install MacOS Catalina? and I don’t know nothing about Mac but in Windows you easily just restore the backup or put the new WIN CD then u are good to install new Windows.

MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.