Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore lost contacts?

When I opened my phone this morning (was not on the charger but connected to the internet) it had backed my phone up but this time deleting all the contacts I have added in the past 6-7months! How do I restore it? It even deleted a bunch of messages.

Posted on Feb 19, 2020 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2020 7:45 AM

It may not have anything to do with the backup on iCloud. Are you missing any email accounts that you may have set up by any chance? The reason I ask is because if you did then those contacts that you have been adding may have been linked to that missing or disconnected account. If missing then you can add that email account again and those contacts will appear again. This could be something entirely unrelated to what I just stated however a good idea to double check the email account(s).

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2020 7:45 AM in response to Fairylife33

It may not have anything to do with the backup on iCloud. Are you missing any email accounts that you may have set up by any chance? The reason I ask is because if you did then those contacts that you have been adding may have been linked to that missing or disconnected account. If missing then you can add that email account again and those contacts will appear again. This could be something entirely unrelated to what I just stated however a good idea to double check the email account(s).

Axel F.

How do I restore lost contacts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.