You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On MacOS-Catalina how to download Podcast for OffLine listening?

I have set Podcast Preferences to automatically download new episodes of my 4 or 5 subscriptions. When I look at shows I see circle with blue square in it, which I thought meant it was downloaded.

but with each show, when I click to listen offline, i get, Your Device Is Not Connected to the Internet. Either that means that not downloaded or I don’t understand what downloaded means.

I then try to download manually. on some episodes when I Control click episode, it gives option to download. but on other subscription download doesn’t come up as option; nor when click More. can save (don’t know what that means), remove, share, but NOT DOWNLOAD.

Confusingly, some episodes seem to download, manually and automatically, and play off line. no pattern. happens with different episodes of same program. random.

I need to listen offline, not just when connected.

thanks

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Feb 19, 2020 7:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2020 8:27 PM

Listen with Apple Podcasts - Apple Support

Jump to Download episodes - To listen to podcasts when you aren't connected to Wi-Fi or cellular, download the episodes before you go offline.

2 replies

Feb 20, 2020 7:34 AM in response to leroydouglas

I know that.

As I hope I explained I take all the steps to both automatically and manually download episodes and Podcast isn't doing it.

As I write this, online of course, I am manually trying to download 2 episodes of subscribed programs that failed to download automatically, as I have set Preferances. one is being download for 2nd time, 'cause after I thought done, and offline, I got the popup to go online.

On MacOS-Catalina how to download Podcast for OffLine listening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.