Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacPro 2019 Connection Ports

Can someone please confirm with me the available connection ports on the new 2019 MacPro?

Specifically with HDMI.

I've seen multiple videos on this machine that show 2 HDMI ports on the back near the bottom.

HOWEVER I talked to Apple Support and they said it did NOT have HDMI.

What exactly am I missing from this?

Thanks!

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 4:10 PM

I'll try to help you,ischaid

According to Apple, it depends what MPX graphics module you have in there. Of course, the 2019 Mac Pro is mighty new...as in very new..... and of course, I haven't seen one in person, and I can't afford to own one.

but here we go: and I got this info from Apple's official website for the Mac Pro (linK)

https://www.apple.com/ca/mac-pro/specs/

If you have the Radeon Pro 580 X, it does have 2 HDMI 2.0 ports on the card itself

if you have the W5700X, it has 4 thunderbolt 3 ports and 1 HDMI 2.0 port

if you have the Vega II, it too has 4 thunderbolt 3 ports and 1 HDMI 2.0 port

If you have the Vega II Duo, it has 4 thunderbolt 3 ports and 1 HDMI 2.0 port

the only info I have to go on is that which has been officially released or which has come from a trusted news source, such as

appleinsider.com

I don't know who you talked to at Apple Support, I am just a Mac user here, same as you, same as everyone else here.

we get our info and news from the same sources. Apple does not post or reply here....

Anyways, the lack of HDMI is not a huge problem. whatever video output the new Mac Pro offers, there'll probably be an adapter to convert it to HDMI or whatever else you want....

I know what I'm missing (apart from my marbles) ..... the ability to buy a new Mac Pro...apart from me winning the lottery

it's never gonna happen

hope this helps you.....

john b

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2020 4:10 PM in response to ischaid

I'll try to help you,ischaid

According to Apple, it depends what MPX graphics module you have in there. Of course, the 2019 Mac Pro is mighty new...as in very new..... and of course, I haven't seen one in person, and I can't afford to own one.

but here we go: and I got this info from Apple's official website for the Mac Pro (linK)

https://www.apple.com/ca/mac-pro/specs/

If you have the Radeon Pro 580 X, it does have 2 HDMI 2.0 ports on the card itself

if you have the W5700X, it has 4 thunderbolt 3 ports and 1 HDMI 2.0 port

if you have the Vega II, it too has 4 thunderbolt 3 ports and 1 HDMI 2.0 port

If you have the Vega II Duo, it has 4 thunderbolt 3 ports and 1 HDMI 2.0 port

the only info I have to go on is that which has been officially released or which has come from a trusted news source, such as

appleinsider.com

I don't know who you talked to at Apple Support, I am just a Mac user here, same as you, same as everyone else here.

we get our info and news from the same sources. Apple does not post or reply here....

Anyways, the lack of HDMI is not a huge problem. whatever video output the new Mac Pro offers, there'll probably be an adapter to convert it to HDMI or whatever else you want....

I know what I'm missing (apart from my marbles) ..... the ability to buy a new Mac Pro...apart from me winning the lottery

it's never gonna happen

hope this helps you.....

john b

Feb 20, 2020 3:57 PM in response to ischaid

HDMI is a "legacy" interface, invented for HD TV sets. although it has been pushed far, it can be cranky when used with large displays. Its one unique use is for a 'calibration" display for broadcast TV and similar work.

The number of HDMI ports depends on which Graphics subsystem you install. The default graphics subsystem has one.

The Mac Pro 209 has two additional ThunderBolt ports on the back, and two more on the top, equally inconevenient for making cables out the front or the read. With adapters, you can connect Thunderbolt, DisplayPort, and HDMI displays as well as DVI or HDMI if you want to bad enough.

MacPro 2019 Connection Ports

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.