Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shuffle definitely does not shuffle

How do I get my itunes to actually shuffle on my iphone 11? I have a playlist that has 6 hours of music on it and I work out 4 times per week for just short of 2 hours every time. Despite it being on shuffle I hear the same songs over and over again. Not only do I hear the same songs repeat, they repeat in the same order. I have checked and it is definitely on shuffle, but I just checked my playlist again, and there are songs on there I haven't heard in weeks, and others I have heard about 10 times in that span. How do I get this to work properly?

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2020 4:07 PM

Hi Archinco,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. I understand that your music isn't shuffling on your iPhone 11, and you are hearing the same songs over and over.

I'm glad to help with this.

Try tapping Shuffle again to toggle a different order of songs.

Check to make sure that you don't also have the repeat feature on, as well. This explains more: Repeat and shuffle music

Take Care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2020 4:07 PM in response to Archinco

Hi Archinco,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. I understand that your music isn't shuffling on your iPhone 11, and you are hearing the same songs over and over.

I'm glad to help with this.

Try tapping Shuffle again to toggle a different order of songs.

Check to make sure that you don't also have the repeat feature on, as well. This explains more: Repeat and shuffle music

Take Care.

Feb 23, 2020 4:19 PM in response to Cheri_M

Thanks Cheri! A simple "Hey Siri" seems to have fixed it. Who knew? I really appreciate the help.

I would like to comment that, to me at least, selecting "shuffle" implies that I want the songs on the playlist to play randomly every time I press it. If "shuffle" plays the same songs in the same order, I am not sure I understand the point of selecting it. But hey, I am not a software engineer, so....

Thanks again.

Shuffle definitely does not shuffle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.