Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2017 battery slowly declined (while plugged into charger), then died. Now is blank/dead/won't turn on.

My Macbook pro 2017 was working perfectly. Then I notice yesterday that I had my charger plugged in, yet the battery was slowly declining, even though it had the charging battery icon with the lightning bolt. I thought it was the outlet or my charger, it wasn't. The computer ran out of battery, now is completely dead/won't turn on/battery icon not even coming up. Haven't had any problems before.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 21, 2020 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2020 5:28 AM

If you have not already tried this, try it.

Reset  SMC:   How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support   Choose the appropriate method.

Click  in the menu bar.

About this Mac > Overview > System Information > Hardware > Power > Battery Information

What is the condition of the battery?

Batteries: About Mac notebook batteries - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2020 5:28 AM in response to macpro2017-mart

If you have not already tried this, try it.

Reset  SMC:   How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support   Choose the appropriate method.

Click  in the menu bar.

About this Mac > Overview > System Information > Hardware > Power > Battery Information

What is the condition of the battery?

Batteries: About Mac notebook batteries - Apple Support

Macbook Pro 2017 battery slowly declined (while plugged into charger), then died. Now is blank/dead/won't turn on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.