Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music is hyjacking songs I've paid for

This has happened with more than one song, a song that I paid for downloaded and was able to listen to on my iPhone will no longer play, instead it opens up the apply music prompt and if I click NOT NOW the screen goes back to my music library.

I saw this issue in an older post and I followed the directions but its still now working.

This happened with another song a while ago but I was able to get around it by starting a different song and then adding the other song to "play next".

That work around is no longer working.

I've spent quite a bit of money purchasing songs in iTunes so the idea of them being hyjacked and Apple trying to force me to pay for another service to listen to something I've already paid for isn't sitting well with me

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Feb 21, 2020 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2020 5:15 PM

It should not be working that way. I don't believe Apple is intentionally trying to hijack music you have already purchased. See:

Add and download music from Apple Music or buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

and the "How to redownload music on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch" section in:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2020 5:15 PM in response to OhioKat

It should not be working that way. I don't believe Apple is intentionally trying to hijack music you have already purchased. See:

Add and download music from Apple Music or buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

and the "How to redownload music on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch" section in:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books - Apple Support

Apple music is hyjacking songs I've paid for

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.