Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Air Drop File size Limit

Is there a File Size Limit on transferring files from Mac Air, to Mac Pro using Airdrop?

We are not able to transfer files above 3GB from Mac Air to a Mac Pro

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 3:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 5:22 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities a2d2a,

I see that you have a question about using AirDrop from one Mac to another. I'd be happy to provide you with some information about this.

There is not a file size limit when using AirDrop. What happens when you try to use AirDrop between the two devices? Do you get an error message? Take a look at the article below that provides some additional information that can help with using AirDrop.

Use AirDrop on your Mac

Let me know how this goes by responding back with the answers to the questions that were posted above.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2020 5:22 PM in response to a2d2a

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities a2d2a,

I see that you have a question about using AirDrop from one Mac to another. I'd be happy to provide you with some information about this.

There is not a file size limit when using AirDrop. What happens when you try to use AirDrop between the two devices? Do you get an error message? Take a look at the article below that provides some additional information that can help with using AirDrop.

Use AirDrop on your Mac

Let me know how this goes by responding back with the answers to the questions that were posted above.

Have a great day!

Air Drop File size Limit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.