Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disk full error when uploading iTunes music library to Apple Music

I’ve been trying to upload my iTunes music library on my pc to Apple Music. After leaving it uploading for numerous hours, it gives me a message that the disk is full and please free space. Why would that be a requirement if I’m uploading to the icloud?

Additionally, a particular album appears that I own and loaded into my iTunes library shows up on my iPhone but it can’t be played. The message is “This song is not synced across your devices. To play it here, go to iTunes and turn on cloud syncing.” I’ve done this on both my pc and iPhone, still no music.

I imagine if I can fix the first problem, the second problem with clear up. I’ve been at this for 2 days. Please help. Thank you!

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 6:58 AM

When you add content to your iTunes Library, so it can be matched or uploaded to your iCloud Music Library with Apple Music or iTunes Match, a copy will remain on your computer until such time as you choose to remove it. This can be done by right-clicking and using the remove download option. Do this only for content that has been matched or uploaded. See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. Music that is purchased or has successfully matched or uploaded should be available to stream or download to your other devices or libraries where iCloud Music Library or Sync Library is enabled. You may need to resolve issues with content that shows as waiting, error, ineligible, etc.

Check your settings to make sure that you haven't inadvertently enabled automatic downloads, otherwise content you've added from the Apple Music catalog might be downloading to your computer when you don't have room for it.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2020 6:58 AM in response to janmason

When you add content to your iTunes Library, so it can be matched or uploaded to your iCloud Music Library with Apple Music or iTunes Match, a copy will remain on your computer until such time as you choose to remove it. This can be done by right-clicking and using the remove download option. Do this only for content that has been matched or uploaded. See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. Music that is purchased or has successfully matched or uploaded should be available to stream or download to your other devices or libraries where iCloud Music Library or Sync Library is enabled. You may need to resolve issues with content that shows as waiting, error, ineligible, etc.

Check your settings to make sure that you haven't inadvertently enabled automatic downloads, otherwise content you've added from the Apple Music catalog might be downloading to your computer when you don't have room for it.

tt2

disk full error when uploading iTunes music library to Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.