Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music accounts

Both of my daughters have Apple Music and I pay for them separately one is $10.99the other one is $7.99. How can I turn this into a family plan and enjoy it myself?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 8:55 PM

First you should start a Family Sharing Plan. See the "Start a family group" section in:

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

and invite your daughters to join your family. See the "Invite people to join your family" section in the above link.

Then you should subscribe to the Apple Music Family Plan. See:

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

Note step 5 in the above link: Since you already set up Family Sharing, everyone in your family group will automatically have access to Apple Music.

If someone in the family group already has an individual or student subscription to Apple Music, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the family group.

Other articles you might want to refer to:

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing - Apple Support

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2020 8:55 PM in response to bret165

First you should start a Family Sharing Plan. See the "Start a family group" section in:

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

and invite your daughters to join your family. See the "Invite people to join your family" section in the above link.

Then you should subscribe to the Apple Music Family Plan. See:

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

Note step 5 in the above link: Since you already set up Family Sharing, everyone in your family group will automatically have access to Apple Music.

If someone in the family group already has an individual or student subscription to Apple Music, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the family group.

Other articles you might want to refer to:

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing - Apple Support

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

Apple Music accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.