Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR makes a clicking noise

My iPhone XR got dropped last week but it then seemed to work fine because I had a “sbs protection”. However, after a couple of days from updating to ios 13.3.1 I realized a clicking noise coming from the phone. It sounds like a clicking noise from the camera lens, but I am not sure where exactly it’s coming from. I hear it when I’m using snapchat, refreshing my feed on instagram, viewing storieson instagram, in the home screen and sometimes in the lock screen. Could it be a hardware-fault or a software-fault?

P.S The sound came after the ios update 13.3.1 and not after the drop. It's not a sound from the Taptic engine.

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 23, 2020 4:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2020 5:10 AM

Sorry, but we can't diagnose your issue remotely.

Make an appointment at an Apple Store or Authorized Repairer and have that device inspected:-> Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

4 replies

iPhone XR makes a clicking noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.