Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have questions about backing up my iPhone

I have questions about backing up my iphone

1: does backing up using itunes also include all the photos in my gallery?

2: using icloud backup its taking too much time and the estimating time remaining keeps on increasing and i dont know why because in the manage icloud backup i have only 400mb data of apps but in the backup its showing 4.8gb backup and in the next backup section it is stuck to loading.

3: i am very annoyed with apple because its popular for its user friendly interface but the backup processes are complex.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 23, 2020 7:26 AM

5 replies

Feb 23, 2020 7:34 AM in response to Hamzariaz

See this article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204136

"Backups you get from your computer

On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, you can use Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or a Windows PC, you can use iTunes to make a backup of your device using your computer. Syncing your device with your computer isn't the same as making a backup. A backup from a computer includes nearly all of your device's data and settings. A backup from your a computer doesn't include:

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
  • Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Apple Mail data
  • Activity, Health, and Keychain data (to back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)

Learn how to make a backups from your computer, how to find them on your Mac or PC, and how to delete backups that you no longer need."

Feb 23, 2020 11:01 AM in response to Hamzariaz

I have questions about backing up my iphone

1: does backing up using itunes also include all the photos in my gallery? Yes, so long as you are not using iCloud Photo Library, at which point an iTunes backup does not include photos at all.

2: using icloud backup its taking too much time and the estimating time remaining keeps on increasing and i dont know why because in the manage icloud backup i have only 400mb data of apps but in the backup its showing 4.8gb backup and in the next backup section it is stuck to loading. The reason it is taking too much time and the estimation is stuck is because you don't have the space to make an iCloud backup. You should go into manage your iCloud storage and see what backups you have an delete some if not necessary. And if you are going to easily fill the 5GB of iCloud storage that you have, you should upgrade to the next tier of storage, 50GB, which is only $0.99/month.

3: i am very annoyed with apple because its popular for its user friendly interface but the backup processes are complex. To be honest, if you have it configured correctly, iCloud runs quite easily without any additional input from the user. I have mine configured, and it has faithfully backed up my iPhone and iPad daily without me doing a think except plugging them in at night to charge and they are connected to my home wi-fi.

Understand this is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. The people that answer questions here are users, similar to yourself that take their time to try and answer people's questions. While you may be frustrated, lashing out at volunteers is not the way to get much help.

I have questions about backing up my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.