Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screentime passcode

How can I get rid of screen time when I have no idea what the passcode is?

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 23, 2020 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2020 9:17 AM

You have to erase the device using your home computer with iTunes AND you cannot restore from backup.

See this link for directions --> If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Before you do this, make sure in Settings > Your Name, iCloud you have turned on all the things you'll want to sync back to your device once you're erased it and signed back in with your Apple ID and Passwords. You'll have to redownload your apps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2020 9:17 AM in response to Barb 821

You have to erase the device using your home computer with iTunes AND you cannot restore from backup.

See this link for directions --> If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Before you do this, make sure in Settings > Your Name, iCloud you have turned on all the things you'll want to sync back to your device once you're erased it and signed back in with your Apple ID and Passwords. You'll have to redownload your apps.

Feb 23, 2020 9:19 AM in response to Barb 821

Unfortunately, if protected by a ScreenTime passcode, deactivation of this feature (or reset/deletion of the ScreenTime passcode) requires knowledge of the passcode. There is no bypass or external reset mechanism.

If you have lost or forgotten this passcode, the only way to remove it is to erase and setup your iPad “as new”. If you attempt to restore you data from an iCloud or iTunes backup, it will also restore the ScreenTime passcode.

So, in summary, your two options are:

• Remember your ScreenTime Passcode - and then remove it.
  • Erase and setup your iPad “as new” - loosing all existing data locally stored on your iPad.

Sorry, I’m sure this isn’t what you hoped to learn.

I hope this information, if only in understanding your options, is helpful to you.

Screentime passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.