Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Refunds

I recently made an in app purchase which I never received. The app developers said due to security and privacy they cannot access iOS purchases to check I made the purchase. Apple confirmed the purchase but refused to give a refund which I was devised to get by the app developers so that I can re-purchase the items. How is this allowed to happen where you can buy something, never receive it and you’re denied a refund and the purchase!!!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 23, 2020 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2020 1:50 PM

Folks here are volunteers, and lack access to any of this information.

Evidence of the completed purchase should be available from Apple as that app receipt is how the app identifies the purchase.

Here’s how to re-download: See your purchase history for the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Here is how to restore in-app purchases: If you don't see your in-app purchases - Apple Support

If the above links and other links referenced there don’t resolve this, you’ll want to be chatting with the folks at Apple.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2020 1:50 PM in response to RossIsham

Folks here are volunteers, and lack access to any of this information.

Evidence of the completed purchase should be available from Apple as that app receipt is how the app identifies the purchase.

Here’s how to re-download: See your purchase history for the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Here is how to restore in-app purchases: If you don't see your in-app purchases - Apple Support

If the above links and other links referenced there don’t resolve this, you’ll want to be chatting with the folks at Apple.

Feb 24, 2020 4:35 AM in response to MrHoffman

Hi, I have evidence of the completed purchase from Apple but never received the in game items I bought. The app said get a refund from Apple and re-purchase the items. Apple have refused to give a refund and offered no explanation as to why. The app refuses to give me the items as they don’t have access to purchase history through Apple. I have since sent the Apple invoice for the items to the app and they are still saying there is nothing they can do and won’t give me the items. Both are being very unhelpful and offering no way to resolve the issue. I find it shocking this is allowed to happen. Won’t be playing the game again and probably switch away from Apple after this phone. Don't respect your customers they’ll go elsewhere

Feb 24, 2020 7:59 AM in response to RossIsham

So the in-app purchase is not listed on your Apple purchases, but is listed in your bill from Apple, contact Apple.

If your in-app purchase is listed in your Apple purchases and if you’ve restored the purchase, contact the game vendor.

Apple likely isn’t going to want to spend time resolving an app vendor purchasing bug, either.

If all that fails, check with your legal representation.

Or gather your facts and your proof, and post reviews of your experiences.

Nobody here can help you with this. We’re other Apple users. We’re not Apple. We’re not the app vendor.

Refunds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.