Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to download apps due to not being supported.

I am currently using an iMac (21.5 inch, Mid 2011) Which is unable to support the new mac OS Catalina system. I am however unable to download any apps as I get the error message 'can't be installed on ''Macintosh HS'' because mac OS version 10.14 or later is required. ' Does this now mean I will be unable to install any further apps? Any help would be gratefully received.

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 12:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 2:19 AM

it mean that the apps where the developers choose macOS Mojave (which is 10.14) as the minimum requirements will not run or install on your mac

it's up to the developers but if they wish to take advantage of the new graphic possibilities in the new Metal graphic system which replace openGL then a minimum requirements of 10.14 will be necessary, metal support is the main reason wny the mid2011 imacs can't support 10.14)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2020 2:19 AM in response to KP_426

it mean that the apps where the developers choose macOS Mojave (which is 10.14) as the minimum requirements will not run or install on your mac

it's up to the developers but if they wish to take advantage of the new graphic possibilities in the new Metal graphic system which replace openGL then a minimum requirements of 10.14 will be necessary, metal support is the main reason wny the mid2011 imacs can't support 10.14)

Unable to download apps due to not being supported.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.