You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone numbers disappear from contact list

A lot of phone numbers, that I have had on my phone for years and years, dissappear from my contact list. There is no pattern - some remain, and some disappear. This can be contacts I registered up to 10 years ago, and contacts I registered two weeks ago. Any ideas what this can be, or how to solve it? Some times I find the number again, if I scroll through all sms- messages, but I have to register the name and info again. Other times I do not find a trace at all.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 4:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2020 2:10 PM

Hello AaBraa,

Thanks for posting your question. As I understand it, you're sometimes finding that contacts disappear from your device. I'm glad to see if I can help.

When this happens, have you tried restarting your device to see if that brings the contacts back? Restart your iPhone

Also, if you haven't already, make sure you've updated to iOS 13.3.1 to see if that helps: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're syncing contacts from either iCloud or a third-party account, you'll want to make sure that you have Contacts switched on. For iCloud, you'll find that setting under Settings > [name] > iCloud, and for third-party accounts you'd find it under Settings > Passwords & Accounts, and then tap the name of the account.

If none of the above helps, I recommend using this link to Contact Apple Support.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 26, 2020 2:10 PM in response to AaBraa

Hello AaBraa,

Thanks for posting your question. As I understand it, you're sometimes finding that contacts disappear from your device. I'm glad to see if I can help.

When this happens, have you tried restarting your device to see if that brings the contacts back? Restart your iPhone

Also, if you haven't already, make sure you've updated to iOS 13.3.1 to see if that helps: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're syncing contacts from either iCloud or a third-party account, you'll want to make sure that you have Contacts switched on. For iCloud, you'll find that setting under Settings > [name] > iCloud, and for third-party accounts you'd find it under Settings > Passwords & Accounts, and then tap the name of the account.

If none of the above helps, I recommend using this link to Contact Apple Support.

Take care.

Phone numbers disappear from contact list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.