Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 4 - Not counting Flights of stairs during "Indoor Walk"

When I walk up and down 4 flights of stairs while not in any workout mode, the watch activity records that I've climbed 4 flights.

When I walk up and down the same 4 flights of stairs while in "Outdoor Walk" workout mode, the watch activity records that I've climbed 4 flights.

When I walk up and down the same 4 flights of stairs while in "Indoor Walk" workout mode, the watch activity doesn't record that I've climbed any flights. Why not?

Apple Watch

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 7:46 AM

Because when you do indoor walk(treadmill) there is no elevation gain so the watch won't record any.

A flight of stairs is counted as around 3 meters / 10 feet of elevation gain (HEIGHT), approximately 16 steps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2020 7:46 AM in response to DWRTroy

Because when you do indoor walk(treadmill) there is no elevation gain so the watch won't record any.

A flight of stairs is counted as around 3 meters / 10 feet of elevation gain (HEIGHT), approximately 16 steps.

Apple Watch 4 - Not counting Flights of stairs during "Indoor Walk"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.