Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 Dual Boot via Boot Camp on MacBook Pro Mid 2010 - Not Working

Specs:

• MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010)
  • macOS High Sierra | Version 10.13.16 (17G66)
  • Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

Hello, I have a copy of Windows 7 64bit that I am looking to dual boot using Boot Camp, however whenever I attempt to launch Boot Camp Assistant from Spotlight, I get the follow message:

Boot Camp Assistant cannot be used.

This Mac does not support Boot Camp.

I understand that because I have a MacBook Pro Mid-2010 that this version of Boot Camp is not supported because I have an optical drive, however there has to be some way that I can get around this to install Windows 7 as a dual boot option.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 1:31 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Feb 24, 2020 2:46 PM in response to devinr56

devinr56 wrote:

So I googled SMC and NVRAM and I believe you are referring to the power control of the computer.

It resets contents of the NVRAM and the System Management Controller.

I did forget to mention that I do NOT have a battery in this laptop and am using connected power only. I truly hope this this is not the reason why I can’t use Boot Camp...

Is there a specific reason you do not have a battery in the Mac?

Feb 24, 2020 2:52 PM in response to Loner T

I just did the SMC and NVRAM reset and am still having the same issue.

The reason is because I have changed the battery in this laptop 3 times in the last 6 years due to swelling (in which one instance actually cracked my track pad). Since this laptop is primarily hooked up to my TV, I do not see a need to replace the battery again.

As a side note, I reinstalled a fresh copy from the Recovery Boot feature earlier this morning. So this is a fresh copy of the High Sierra OS.

Windows 7 Dual Boot via Boot Camp on MacBook Pro Mid 2010 - Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.