Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Mirror from iPhone to Apple TV never works.

I have insane amount of trouble screen mirroring from my iPhone to the Apple TV. Specifically videos. Through safari. I can play anything on the iPhone. Every device is on the same network. Everything is fine. But when I hit mirror to Apple TV everything glitches and the video goes dead on pause. As soon as I disconnect the mirror it plays in my phone.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 5:27 PM

3 replies

Feb 24, 2020 10:19 PM in response to Bmcq91

Bmcq9 Said:

"Screen Mirror from iPhone to Apple TV never works."

-------

What and How to Troubleshoot:

• WiFi:

This is all about streaming content. So, see if your router is intended for streaming content. If not, upgrade your router. Also, reset your router and try this all once more. Lastly, try another WiFi network.

• Updates:

Update your Apple TV and your iPhone to the most recent versions. Perhaps these glitches have been fixed?

• Apple TV:

Power off the Apple TV for 30 seconds > power it on > and try this once more. Or perform a Factory Restore (not Reset).

• iPhone:

Disable Cellular Data, which overrules all connections. Clear Safari of Temporary Internet Files (Cookies and Caches) in Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data

Feb 25, 2020 11:27 PM in response to Bmcq91

Bmcq9 Said:

"Screen Mirror from iPhone to Apple TV never works."

-------

A Few Links:

--

A Couple More Thoughts:

• Try Another HDMI Cable:

Perhaps the HDMI cable is corrupt. If that is the case, contact the manufacturer and see if they would swap it out (or return it to the seller, if that is an option). Next, try another HDMI Cable.

• Try Another Port:

You can plug something else into the port of the TV (i.e. DVD player). See if it runs. If so, its most likely the Mac. If not, plug it into another HDMI port of the TV. 

Feb 25, 2020 9:51 AM in response to Bmcq91

Mirroring is an intensive task as it is sending out the full phone's display in realtime. If there are any issues then it comes down to the network.

If the ATV is using Wifi try connecting via ethernet

To see a current status of the network get a report using istumbler (Mac), Netflsumbler (PC) or similar. Look for signal strength, noise, nearby networks. Test on another network

Screen Mirror from iPhone to Apple TV never works.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.